MORENO VALLEY CITY EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
MEET AND CONFER UPDATE
MARCH 20, 2015
Representatives of MVCEA and the City of Moreno Valley have held nine meet and confer sessions to negotiate a new Memorandum of Understanding that would go into effect 7/1/15. At this time we are attempting to reach agreement on a 2 – Year MOU.
Tentative Agreements have been reached on the following (keep in mind, nothing is final until everything is ratified):
- Reinstate merit step increases 7/1/15.
- Provide one time $500 payment to Tier I employees at top step of their salary range.
- Continue regular merit step increases on employee’s anniversary date beginning 7/1/16.
- Continue insurance increase into Flexible Benefit Bank ($200 for Tier I/II, $150 for Tier III) employees with family medical coverage.
- All employees will pay “Employee PERS Share” and receive an 8% salary adjustment to offset this cost. This is essentially cost neutral, however there is a slight advantage to the employee as pension will now be based on a higher salary base. In addition, the Employee PERS Share is paid through pre-tax dollars, so employees may also experience a slight salary increase. (All employees who currently pay their PERS Share will now be reimbursed this cost).
- Continuation of Annual Leave Purchase Program.
- Increase Education Reimbursement to $2,000 per year and include certificate courses, books, parking, and other related fees.
- Animal Control employees to receive same Stand-By Pay as other MVCEA members.
- Allow probationary employees to compete for job openings and promotions.
- Layoff procedure to include last two employee performance evaluations not just most recent.
- Layoff procedure and changes to be incorporated into Personnel Rules and Regulations.
The parties have not yet agreed on the Flexible Benefit re-opener dates for September 2015 and September 2016 or whether a two-year agreement can be reached. We are optimistic that an agreement can be reached in the near future.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact any Negotiating Team Member.
If you have any concerns, questions or comments on any subject, please do not hesitate to contact any MVCEA Board Member.